It is with a heavy heart that we inform you of Dr. Philip A. Chute’s passing. Dr. Chute and his wife, Judith, were the founders of the Eau Claire Downtown Farmers’ Market. . A celebration of Phil’s life will be held at the MARTEN COMMUNITY CENTER, 120 S. Franklin Street, Mondovi, WI on Sunday, November 17, 2013, from 1:00-3:00 p.m. with a short program of reflection at 2:00 p.m. Talbot Family Funeral Homes and Scenic Rivers Cremation Center, Mondovi is handling arrangements.
In recent years, farmers markets have been undergoing a renaissance of sorts. Listed below are some of the reasons for this as well as some of the goals of the Downtown Farmers Market:
- Farmers Markets provide a connection to farm and country life
- Farmers Markets provide an opportunity for the customer to talk directly with the farmer who produced the food
- Farmers Markets support small family farms whose continued existence depends on selling directly to the consumer
- Farmers Markets provide community access to fresh-from-the-farm produce
- Farmers Markets provide an open-air market where people meet to visit with friends and neighbors